The Ethnographic Museum
ACCESS: From Celorio (AS-263) turn right towards Porrúa.
Porrúa, a beautiful group of traditional rural buildings, was given the prize, “Exemplary Village of Asturias” in 2005. The older buildings date from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Inside them can still be seen all the features of the traditional country house. There is also an exhibition where traditional rural life can be experienced. Through the use of artefacts, photographs and demonstrations, people can learn about the making of cheese and lard, how roof tiles and bricks were made by hand, how textiles were created, as well as about traditional attire. There is a carpenter´s workshop with tools for cutting and shaping wood, washhouses, agricultural impelments and a collection of enamelled iron.
The museum organises many cultural activities during the year. For more information, please look on the web at www.etnoriente.com
LOW SEASON OPENING HOURS (CLOSED FROM 16 DECEMBER TO 16 JANUARY)
- From 17th January to 15th March: From Tuesday to Saturday: 11.00h. to 13.30h.
- From 16th March to 30th June and from 9th September to 15th December: From Tuesday to Thursday, Sundays and holidays: 11.00 to 13.30h. Fryday and Saturday: 11.00h. to 13.30h. and 17.00 to 19.00h.
HIGH SEASON OPENING HOURS
- From 1st July to 8th September: Open every day: 11.00h. to 13.30h. and 17.00h. to 20.00h.
- Easter: From Thursday to Sartuday from 11.00 to 13.300 and 17.00 to 20.00h.
- Adults: 2€
- Children: 1€
- Groups of children 1€
- Groups of adults 1.50€
- (Groups of 20 people)
- On Tuesdays the entrance is free
Ethnographic Museum of Eastern Asturias
Barriu Llacín s/n
Llanes - Asturias - ESPAÑA
Tel. 00 34 985 40 25 47